In many cases, certain providers may need to prescribe and use a "Supervisor". To accomplish this, you would need to set up the provider accordingly:
1. Head over to My Account - Settings - and select the “Groups” column.
As you can see, they’re a set of default groups that you can choose.
2. Pick one that would meet the criteria of your needs. In this example, we will use “Prescribe CS Schedule 2+ Supervisor Required”. Prescribers in this group will have a supervisor added to the e-prescriptions when the medication is a controlled substance schedule 2 -1. After selecting the group, head over to the middle column called “Add/Remove Users”.
3. Select the provider who needs a supervisor associated with their schedule 2 -1 orders on the left side of the screen, then click the right arrow to add this provider to the group. Then click SAVE CHANGES.
4. Your provider will now need to set up who will be their supervisor. They should select My Account and now will be presented with the option to choose their supervising provider when prescribing schedule 2 – 1 medication.
5. Select the “None” link to see a list of supervisors to choose from. Then select SAVE SUPERVISOR.
The supervising providers information will now be transmitted with the prescription to the pharmacy along with the prescriber’s information. In this example, it will only happen when the prescriber is ordering a schedule 2- 1 controlled substance.
Note: In order to have supervisors listed as an option, you will need to ensure you have added providers in the group called Prescribe Supervisor.