Quickly create a new patient with their basic information.
Create a patient
- Click the New Patient button above the patient list.
- Enter a first and last name for the patient.
- Enter a birthday for the patient.
- Click "Save changes".
If the patient needs a prescription for a controlled substance, their complete address is also required.
Add medical history (optional)
Entering the patient's allergies, home medications, and diagnoses enables Ayva to trigger drug-drug and drug-allergy alerts when appropriate.
- Under Medical History, click Allergies.
- Enter the allergy.
- Search for an allergic reaction, then press Enter to add the reaction to the allergy.
- Click the "Add allergy" button to add another allergy.
Only the name of the allergy is required.
- Under Medical History, click Home Meds.
- Enter the drug name.
- Enter the dose and select a unit type.
- Enter the frequency and date last taken.
- Click the "Add home medication" button to add another home medication.
Only the drug name is required.
Diagnoses and Pre-Existing Conditions
- Under Medical History, click Diagnoses.
- Enter a diagnosis or pre-existing condition.
- Click the "Add diagnosis" button to add another diagnosis.