Treat offers the option for facility administrators to quickly import a bulk of patients, prescription orders, and current medications from a file. Below we will cover how to import patients. Today, only CSV or JSON files are supported and must conform to the published file format for successful imports.
- Prepare your CSV or JSON file with the patient information and ensure it meets the appropriate format.
- To view the file format, you can download samples here CSV and JSON Samples. These may be used as templates for your imports. Select the Patients only sample in your preferred document type, CSV or JSON.
- For additional guidance, see Minimum Data Requirements for Successful Patient Import.
- Login to Treat
- From the My Account menu, go to the Settings
- Select the Imports tab
- Under the Patient Info section, click on IMPORT to upload the file with the patient information.
- Select the CSV or JSON file
If errors are encountered with a patient’s record, only those records (patients) with errors are rejected. All other patients will be successfully uploaded to your facility. Treat will inform you if any patients failed and allow you to view what occurred so that it may be corrected. Once corrected, import the file again. You do not have to include prior patients in the updated file unless you would like to update patient information.
For the full list of importable data fields available, see Treat Import Reference.