Treat 3 introduces a new interface for your mobile device. Treat 3 also includes performance enhancements to help you work faster, and several other new prescribing features.
Treat 3.2 brings a lot of power to the prescribing experience with key Surescripts features like Medication History, Eligibility, and Real Time Formulary to help prescribers improve the quality of their patients visit with more patient specific benefit coverage, medication alternatives, and copay information. Treat is now more secure with an additional PIN Identity Verification feature for new prescribers registering to e-prescribe controlled substances.
Eligibility & Real Time Formulary
- View a patients coverage eligibility or benefit information so you know what’s covered by their provider. Select a payer to view patient specific pharmacy and medication benefit information.
- Provide your patient with more options by viewing and selecting therapeutic or payer provided alternatives for the selected medication.
- You can now view a medications formulary status, coverage options, benefit information, and copay details to help you and your patient make informed decisions. Learn more about this feature.
- When e-prescribing, decide what medication to prescribe based on your patients medication history for the past 12 months. View a list of medications previously prescribed to the patient across many pharmacies with Surescripts backed information. Learn more about this feature.
New Encounter Status
- A new encounter will now reflect an Encounter created status while an encounter with orders added moves to an Order pending status. Filter by Status options remain the same allowing you to view those encounters that are pending or recently discharged.
- Viewing and updating patient information is now simpler during the prescribing experience. The patient card within the encounter receives a revamp to ease you through all patient related information.
PIN Identity Verification
- New EPCS licensed prescribers will now be required to enter a code before prescribing controlled substances. Once the prescriber has completed his identity proofing with our partners at Evident and Two Factor Authentication set up with Okta, prescriber may log in to self-approve, verify two-factor authentication, and enter PIN.
Treat 3.1 includes two key new features to enhance your prescribing experience while providing a more transparent experience with order and transmission statuses.
Cancel prescription orders
- Cancel a prescription order previously sent by reopening the discharged encounter. Learn more about cancellations.
- Pharmacies can now electronically send prescription refill requests to Treat for providers to review, approve, reject, or edit. Refills can also be cancelled. Learn more about viewing a request and how to respond.
- If a pharmacy sends an electronic refill request for a patient who does not exist in your Treat facility, you will now be able to add that patient to your patient list for the prescriber to review and respond to the request.
- Confirmation page enhanced to provide the transmission status of all orders within the encounter and further guidance on actions to take. Use the retry button to manually re attempt the transmission once when an order faces transmission related issues.
Prescription Order Status
- View the status of a prescription order previously sent.
Treat 3 introduces a new interface for prescribing from your mobile device.
Prescribe using a mobile device
- Try Treat in your mobile browser to prescribe controlled and non-controlled substances. Learn more about mobile prescribing with Treat.