Treat 3 introduces a new interface for your mobile device. Treat 3 also includes performance enhancements to help you work faster, and several other new prescribing features.
Treat 3.3 introduces a key feature that allows prescribers to view prescription benefits in real-time. This improves the transparency between the patient and the pharmacy. You will also have the ability to add multiple medical licenses to prescribe outside of your state of residence. The update also includes a discount card and changes to Surescripts' quantity unit of measures that are available.
Surescripts' Quantity Unit of Measure List Updated
Adhering to the most recent update from Surescripts, Treat is now operating using an updated list for its dispense units or ‘QUOM’ with some units decommissioned.
Treat may prompt you with an error message when an old QUOM is used in a saved favorite order or when trying to renew a prescription order with an old unit, so that you may select the appropriate one.
Be on the lookout as this may appear when selecting a favorite order, renewing a prescription order, or creating orders through our API.
UNA Discount Card
Treat is now partnering with United Networks of America to help provide a Discount Card for all the prescription orders submitted using Treat. This is a backend feature where our group ID with UNA will be shared to Surescripts and the pharmacy for a discount to be applied to the patients' prescription order. With the discount code, pharmacies can apply the discount during the time of payment from the patient.
Help your patients save money by making them aware of the possible savings with the UNA Discount Card.
Real Time Prescription Benefits
- You can now view estimated out of pocket costs for a patient’s prescription order, along with medication alternatives, and other pharmacy type options during the prescribing experience.
- View cost per day breakdown of the selected prescription order or medication alternatives and different pharmacy type options to make more patient-centered decisions.
- When viewing benefits, hover or click DETAILS for coverage information, limits, indicator if prior authorization is required, payer specific messages, and payer coverage information.
Add multiple Med Licenses to prescribe outside of your state
- Prescribers and facility administrators can now manage medical licenses under the Account and Facility settings.
- Once registered and active in Treat, you can add and remove state medical licenses to your account.
- After adding a license, you will be able to select the state and DEA Number combination when you prescribe controlled substances.
Prescribing Form Updated
- You will now be able to view more of your favorite orders and enjoy a more scroll friendly experience with clean, easy to view, spacing in between fields.
Treat 3.2 brings a lot of power to the prescribing experience with key Surescripts features like Medication History, Eligibility, and Real Time Formulary to help prescribers improve the quality of their patients visit with more patient specific benefit coverage, medication alternatives, and copay information. Treat is now more secure with an additional PIN Identity Verification feature for new prescribers registering to e-prescribe controlled substances.
Eligibility & Real Time Formulary
- View a patients coverage eligibility or benefit information so you know what’s covered by their provider. Select a payer to view patient specific pharmacy and medication benefit information.
- Provide your patient with more options by viewing and selecting therapeutic or payer provided alternatives for the selected medication.
- You can now view a medications formulary status, coverage options, benefit information, and copay details to help you and your patient make informed decisions. Learn more about this feature.
- When e-prescribing, decide what medication to prescribe based on your patients medication history for the past 12 months. View a list of medications previously prescribed to the patient across many pharmacies with Surescripts backed information. Learn more about this feature.
New Encounter Status
- A new encounter will now reflect an Encounter created status while an encounter with orders added moves to an Order pending status. Filter by Status options remain the same allowing you to view those encounters that are pending or recently discharged.
- Viewing and updating patient information is now simpler during the prescribing experience. The patient card within the encounter receives a revamp to ease you through all patient related information.
PIN Identity Verification
- New EPCS licensed prescribers will now be required to enter a code before prescribing controlled substances. Once the prescriber has completed his identity proofing with our partners at Evident and Two Factor Authentication set up with Okta, prescriber may log in to self-approve, verify two-factor authentication, and enter PIN.
Treat 3.1 includes two key new features to enhance your prescribing experience while providing a more transparent experience with order and transmission statuses.
Cancel prescription orders
- Cancel a prescription order previously sent by reopening the discharged encounter. Learn more about cancellations.
- Pharmacies can now electronically send prescription refill requests to Treat for providers to review, approve, reject, or edit. Refills can also be cancelled. Learn more about viewing a request and how to respond.
- If a pharmacy sends an electronic refill request for a patient who does not exist in your Treat facility, you will now be able to add that patient to your patient list for the prescriber to review and respond to the request.
- Confirmation page enhanced to provide the transmission status of all orders within the encounter and further guidance on actions to take. Use the retry button to manually re attempt the transmission once when an order faces transmission related issues.
Prescription Order Status
- View the status of a prescription order previously sent.
Treat 3 introduces a new interface for prescribing from your mobile device.
Prescribe using a mobile device
- Try Treat in your mobile browser to prescribe controlled and non-controlled substances. Learn more about mobile prescribing with Treat.