As a non-prescriber or prescriber delegate, you can prepare prescription orders for the providers in your facility. A prepared order can be filtered by providers to find, review, and submit the order. This guide will help you prepare an order for a provider.
- In the Prescribe tab, select a patient from the Patient List to open an encounter (patient visit)
- Add a default pharmacy or search for a new pharmacy by clicking the edit icon next to Pharmacy information
- If prescribing a controlled substance, be sure to select a pharmacy that supports EPCS by using the “Filter results by” field
- In the Prescriber Information, edit the field and select the name of the provider who will submit the order(s)
- Search for medication name or select a favorite order
- Select the medication
- If applicable, clinical alerts may appear for the selected medication if there is a drug to drug or drug to allergy interaction with the selected medication. Consult with the provider to review the interaction.
Tip: You can also prepare an order on your mobile device. Work with your provider on the go when reviewing a clinical interaction alert for a patient.
- Complete the prescription form
NOTE: Eligibility coverage and prescription benefits may be reviewed by the provider.
- When ready, click ADD PRESCRIPTION to add the order to the encounter
- If needed, search for another medication to add another order and repeat steps 2 to 5.
NOTE: The Manage Patients tab also allows you to open an encounter by selecting the icon and choosing the option to Prescribe for the patient.
TIP: Review the Patient Card to ensure patient information is accurate. If needed, update any outdated information by clicking EDIT.
Providers may now use the Order pending status filter in the Patient List to find the encounter.