The Identity Verification activity has one main task from our identity verification partner, ID.me. To verify your identity, ID.me asks you to submit an image of your identification (most commonly, a driver’s license) as well as a selfie or photo of yourself to compare the two. To begin, check your inbox for an email from Bravado Health with the subject line "Treat Identity Verification" and click Begin Now. Once the legal identity of the user has been established, ID.me is able to validate additional attributes about the user for applications that require additional credentials.
This activity should take about 10 to 15 minutes. If you are interrupted at any time, you can return to the email to continue.
Steps to Verify with ID.me:
Access the link or webpage provided by the organization for which you need to verify your identity
Step 1: You will be prompted to Sign in with an existing ID.me account OR Create an ID.me Account.
Step 2: Select the green 'Verify with ID.me' button. You may also see a Sign in with an existing ID.me account or create an ID.me account button.
- If you have previously created an ID.me account with a different email address, do not create a new one. Please sign in to your existing account, you will be prompted to update your TREAT e-mail to match your ID.me e-mail. If you do not wish to update your Treat email, please follow the steps below to add your Treat email address to your existing ID.me account.
Step 3: For new users, create an ID.me account by entering same email address you used for TREAT and creating a strong password.
If you have an existing ID.me account with a different email other than your TREAT username/email address, then proceed to add TREAT email to your current ID.me account as a primary email.
- Once you sign in, click on update your settings here (see image below).
- Click on Manage Email
- Click on Add Email
- Add your TREAT username/email and make it primary
Step 5: Confirm your email address by selecting the button in the email that Treat sent to your inbox.
Step 6: Select and set up a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) option.
Step 7: Choose a Verification method. Upload a copy of your driver's license, passport, or passport card using a smartphone, tablet, or by uploading an image from your desktop.
Step 8: Take a video selfie using either your smartphone, tablet, or webcam on a browser.
Step 9: Enter your Social Security Number
Step 10:Confirm your information
Step 11: Verify your medical credentials such as your NPI and DEA number, as required
Step 12:You must consent to share the verified information from ID.me to Treat in order to be able to e-prescribe. Click the “Allow and continue” button to complete the identity proofing process.
The rest of the verification process is slightly different based on which option you choose:
- ID.me User Guide
- If you are sent to a Trusted Referee or Video Guide Agent, follow these steps
- How to upload a document
- What do I do if my name changed?